6 wonderful benefits you get when you consume tomato juice
Besides being a great ally for our immune system, tomato juice also helps us to detoxify the body and takes care of the health of the dermis. Tomato is one of the most consumed vegetables in the world, not only for its versatility in cooking but also for its flavor and multiple nutritional properties. It is characterized by its particular red color and round shape, but also by the special touch that usually gives to stews, soups and other recipes. For centuries it has been part of hundreds of cultures around the world and, at present, is one of the essential complements in any diet.
In fact, in recent years the consumption of its natural juice has become quite popular since it represents a special and healthy way of making the most of its nutrients.
As we know that many still do not know what it is for health purposes, next we want to highlight 6 wonderful benefits that it provides when it is ingested on a regular basis.
1. Protects cardiovascular health
Because of its high concentration of antioxidant substances, including lycopene, it is proven that natural tomato juice helps protect cardiovascular health. These substances, in addition to their essential minerals, promote the cleansing of arteries and facilitate the control of high blood pressure and cholesterol.
This means that, in the long run, ingesting this beverage can reduce the risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and inflammatory conditions that compromise the heart.
2. Helps to detoxify the body
The purifying properties of tomato juice can be used as a complement to stimulate the removal of toxins retained in the body.
You may also like to read: GREEN DRINKS THAT HELP BURN FAT
Its antioxidants reduce the negative effects of free radicals on the excretory organs and thus promote proper cleaning of the blood.
3. Improves digestion
Tomato juice contains an interesting amount of fiber, essential nutrient for optimal digestion of food. This property, in addition to its water contributions, helps overcome problems such as chronic constipation and intestinal inflammation.
On the other hand, its intake favors the process of absorption of nutrients and helps to regulate the production of acidic juices.
4. Strengthens the immune system
Starting each day with a glass of tomato juice gives an extra nutrient to the immune system, which increases its response to external agents that try to attack cells and tissues.
- This food contains nutrients such as vitamins A and C, both necessary for the production of antibodies.
- It also provides minerals and antioxidant compounds that are essential for optimizing defense mechanisms.
5. Improves skin health
To keep skin young, moisturized and free of imperfections, nothing better than detoxifying it with a delicious glass of tomato juice.
- This natural drink helps eliminate waste that affects the dermis and cause imperfections such as blemishes or acne.
- Its antioxidants protect the tissues against cell damage and, by the way, prevent the appearance of premature signs of aging.
6. Calm muscle and joint pain
The diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties of tomato juice can be used as a supplement to relieve the pain that appears in the muscles and joints.
- Its high content of essential minerals promotes the balance of the inflammatory processes of the tissues and, by the way, exerts an analgesic effect.
- Due to this, and to its energetic power, this drink is ideal for athletes or people whose jobs are of high physical exigency.
How to prepare tomato juice?
Although there are several presentations of commercial tomato juice on the market, it is best to prepare it at home with fresh tomatoes to ensure that it retains all of its nutritional qualities.
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- Cut the tomatoes into several cubes, and then add them to the blender jar with a spoonful of lemon juice and half a glass of water.
- Process the ingredients for a couple of minutes or until you get a homogenous drink without lumps.
- Consume it without sticking, preferably 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Take it at least 3 times a week, or for 2 weeks in a row.
- Avoid over ingesting it, as it has a slight laxative effect.
Ready to add it to your diet? Be prepared to prepare it several times a week and see for yourself how healthy it is for your body.
You may also like this blog.